Saturday, March 16, 2013

Announcing a new album - The danny B-Sides

Hello!

For a pretty long time, I've been sitting on a lot of music I've done for various projects that for one reason or another never saw the light of day. Recently I was encouraged by some jerks to put it all out there.

I'm planning on doing more original music in the near future, so I figure it's cathartic or something to release a collection of what I've done, to start looking to the future or whatever. Some tracks have been released before, for free, and they will be downloadable individually free. I'm just including them for completeness!

ANYWAYS

I'm putting together this collection, cleverly called "The danny B-Sides" and it will release some time in April. But I wanted to put in some demos to show you what it's all about.

Lovely album art by the lovely Chris Arredondo.


Keep in mind, some of these are really old. In many cases these aren't meant to be representative of my current production quality. It's more that I thought it might be interesting for people to hear my progression over the last few years. Most of these will be pre-Super Meat Boy, and some even pre-Canabalt.

Enough blabbertalk, here are the demos! They are just rough, unlooped previews. The final version will be nice and volume-leveled and looped/faded.

The first is music from an iOS game I did years ago that never came out. It was for the tutorial section where a robot taught you how to box.


Next up is a high-energy track I was working on for a racing game by Adam Atomic.


Finally, I worked on a game called "Liferaft" with the friendly friends at Mikengreg. You may know Greg from Mikengreg as the brilliant artist behind Ridiculous Fishing, the best game ever made for stuff ever.


I hope you liked them! Again, the album will release sometime in April, I'll announce an actual date soon. It'll be on Bandcamp, iTunes, all that jazz. It will be a few dollars, and will contain quite a bit of music (final count announced soon!).

Anyways, hope your day is going well. Be sure to do that thing you have been putting off, drink lots of water and vote your conscience.

-danny

6 comments:

  1. Will you make a hard copy of the album as well? I loved buying the signed version of your meatboy album and I will cry if I can't get a signed version of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that depends on how well it does! cd's are pricey

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to give you my money! Both tracks sounds juicy!
    Keep up the awesome work.
    Kimack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will 'This World of Ours' be on it?

    ReplyDelete